State Scientific Institution “Institute of Education Content Modernization” (IECM) was established by Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 687 dated 26 November 2014 “On Establishment of the Institute of Education Content Modernization and the Institute of Education Analytics” on the basis of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Innovative Technologies and Education Content” assigning it to management by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MES).
The Institute is the legal successor of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Innovative Technologies and Education Content”. It is a public institution that has its statute and structure, developed and approved in due course.
The main purpose of the Institute’s activity is the scientific and methodological support for modernization of education content and process; development and socialization of persons through basic and applied research and implementation of its results.
The subject of Institute’s activities includes:
- participating in the development of education content in the created environment;
- forming the open society values, critical thinking skills and economic culture;
- implementing the language policy;
- introducing innovative technologies;
- supporting basic backgrounds of creativity, financial literacy, entrepreneurship skills and project activities;
- providing the secondary schools with training device, educational, general and special purpose equipment