The State Scientific Institution “Institute of Education Content Modernization” was established in accordance with the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of November 26, 2014 No. 687 “On the establishment of the Institute of Education Content Modernization and the Institute of Educational Analytics” on the basis of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Innovative Technologies and Content of Education” with its attribution to the sphere of management of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as “the MESU”).
According to the order of the MES of January 17, 2015 No. 31 “Some issues of establishing the Institute of Education Content Modernization and the Institute of Educational Analytics” the Institute is the successor of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Innovative Technologies and Educational Content”.
The institute is a state institution
Full name of the Institute:
The State Scientific Institution “Institute of Education Content Modernization”
Abbreviated name of the Institute:
in Ukrainian: IMZO
in English: IECM
STATE SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTION “INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION CONTENT MODERNIZATION” STATUTE Approved by the Scientific Council SSI “Institute of Education Content Modernization” Minutes № 2, dated 1 March 2023
According to the results of the state certification conducted on May 22, 2019, the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Education Content Modernization” is recognized as having passed the state certification with a certification grade of 3.34/3.43. The scientific institution is attributed to the second classification group (the order of the MESU of May 31, 2019 No. 768 “On the results of the state certification of scientific institutions”)
STATE REGISTER OF SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTIONS
The State Scientific Institution “Institute of Education Content Modernization” is included up to the State Register of Scientific Institutions which are provided with the state support (the order of the MESU of June 25, 2019 No.889)
The order of the MES of July 30, 2021 No. 112-l “On the licensing of educational activity”
The purpose of the Institute activity:
The purpose of the Institute activity is scientific, educational and methodological support for the education content modernization, the process of education, development, socialization of an individual by conducting basic and applied scientific researches, scientific and technical (experimental) developments and implementation of their results.
Main tasks of the Institute activity:
– conducting basic and applied scientific researches, scientific and technical (experimental) developments concerning execution of the tasks of state target programs and at the request of public authorities, institutions and establishments of the education system, other organizations;
– participation in the modernization and implementation of educational programs for general secondary education institutions;
– promoting and supporting the implementation of scientific research results in educational practice;
– realization of regulatory and legal, scientific and methodical, organizational measures on publication and delivery of textbooks and manuals which are published at the expense of the State budget of Ukraine to structural subdivisions of education and science of regional, Kyiv and Sevastopol state administrations, Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
– provision of educational (training of doctors of philosophy and doctors of science) advisory and analytical services to legal entities and individuals, including services requiring payment according to the procedure determined by law;
– organization and conducting of scientific, scientific and practical, scientific and methodical events (conferences, symposiums, seminars);
– issue of printed or electronic scientific, popular scientific, scientific and methodical, information and analytical publications based on the results of the Institute activity;
– conducting enlightening activity concerning acquaintance the public with the results of developments and implementation of innovations in education;
– presentation of the achievements of domestic theory and practice on the education modernization issues at the international level;
– promoting the development and preservation of scientific infrastructure;
– establishing relations and cooperation with scientific and educational institutions in foreign countries, international organizations and foundations on education, science, pedagogy, and psychology issues with the conclusion of certain agreements.
The Institute has the Scientific Council. It is a collegial authority of management of the scientific, scientific and technical activities that performs consultative and advisory functions.
Twenty-five members are formed into the Scientific Council. At least three quarters of the Scientific Council staff are elected at the general meetings of scientific employees of the Institute by secret voting by a relative majority, the remaining members of the Scientific Council staff are appointed by the order of the director of the Institute.
The director, the deputy director for scientific researches, the scientific secretary are members of the Scientific Council according to their post. The Scientific Council staff also includes the head of the Young Scientists Council and the head of the Primary Trade Union Organization of the Institute. The Scientific Council staff may include leading scientists, chiefs of educational and scientific research institutions who are not employees of the Institute in the circumstances of their election or appointment to the staff of the Scientific Council.
The head, the deputy head, and the scientific secretary of the Scientific Council are elected among the members of its staff by secret voting.